Yesterday we took a taxi to the Stake Center to learn how to help the PEF participants apply for loans. The internet was down there but we got to meet a few PEF applicants. Two of them came to the office a few hours later. I succeeded, with lots of calls to the PEF expert in South Africa, in submitting two applications to Salt Lake! The guys who are getting the loans were very happy and we did a lot of high-fives! After many many more applications i might be able to do them solo...there are several quirks in the program, so it is not simple and straightforward.
Today we took a taxi again to the Stake Center for free English classes. The British missionaries here, who do Humanitarian projects such as wheelchairs and bringing water to villages (they do amazing work) have been teaching the classes, but have not felt comfortable or trained to do so. When I took over the class today, I realized how much I have missed not teaching for the last few years. It was great fun to be with the students and interact with them; they are so enthusiastic about learning. It seems that I will be able to have this class and the one following it from 9-12:15 each Wednesday. I'm really looking forward to that! Sister Florine is one of my students!
that's so great you get to do some teaching! and your students are lucky they have you!! your specialty!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy you'll be able to teach there, that is wonderful!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome!
ReplyDelete