Monday, August 20, 2012

Hopeful pots

These five pots represent the "garden" we are hoping to establish!  Three tomato seeds in each pot?  It's a start!

We have decided that rather than wait for business to come to us, we will go out and get it. So each Sunday, we go to two or three Sacrament meetings and give a short talk about what the Perpetual Education Fund is.  So far, we have four applicants.  We hope to soon be flooded!  In the meantime, I'm giving two English classes and translating medical articles in the newspaper from French to English for our doctor.  Sr. Florine makes the calls in Malagasy to the churches.  We need to be much busier, but we are trying!

I'm getting used to life here, and my culture shock is wearing off.  The pollution doesn't bother me.  My ankles are no longer swollen every evening.  I know how to operate all the locks and no longer feel paranoid.  I enjoy the beautiful smell of jasmine which is blooming profusely next to our house.  Sr. Florine says it's spring.  New beginnings and hope.

I miss you all.

1 comment:

  1. Seeds sound hopeful! We look forward to seeing something green in them! We've been praying for your feet, too. xo

    ReplyDelete