Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Guest photographer!

                                        Thanks to Sr. Cornelius for most of these pics!


                                       Trying to get them dry before the next rainstorm


                                     The banana trees below our office are producing!


                                                           An overflowing trash bin


                                             The carts roll along next to the vehicles


                                                       A bed or a sofa on his head!



                                     This cartload looks heavier than the previous one


                   These tomatoes are from our garden  (Well,we almost had that many...)


Hubcap Heaven


My favorite!  This reminds me of the book "Caps For Sale" which I used to read to my grandkids.  Alice especially loved it.  She would say "'Gain?" Each time it ended.


This is the river that people wash their clothes in and lay them out to dry on the banks.  I have never seen it any color other than green/brown.

                                       

 Zebu pulling a cart.  Notice their horns, the bumps on their backs, and the dewlaps                   hanging from their necks.  (Not a good pic.  I'll try for a better.)


A classic meat market.  But no chickens hanging from this one.


A colorful display

                                      

Inside our neighborhood compound, where I walk with Sr. Cornelius every Sunday      afternoon, weather permitting.


 A closer view of our neighbor's turtle.  It's illegal to keep a turtle in Mada.  When we asked her one time if she had a turtle, since we had seen one there the last time, she said "No."


                                 The geraniums by the fence at the end of the compound.


                                                           Geranium close up.


A missionary testing the water pressure of the fire hose that's supposed to protect our office.  Good luck to us!


 The twin sister of the one I showed earlier.  This is the one I teach, Sister Rakotamonjy.



He was doing pull-ups



                        I've always wanted to go into this store.  I love this toad on display in front!  But maybe it wouldn't fit in my suitcase...



No comments:

Post a Comment