View from my balcony at 5:30 am on Saturday. It was raining! These past few days have brought the first rain since I arrived July 28. It came accompanied by thunder and lightning and high winds. It makes a loud and lovely sound on the tin roofs all around us.
The garden is thriving. I counted 22 baby tomato plants this morning. Sr. Florine suggested that we put up a sign in front of the gate advertising our bounty (when/if that day comes)!
Outside the taxi window. One man was pulling this cart in front. The taxi was moving too fast so I couldn't get his picture.
...and two pushing in back.
More jacaranda. Sorry, I couldn't resist.
A yard that reminded me of home. Hollyhocks and roses, grass (unusual here), and a swing. I wanted to walk in and sit on it.
If you look to the left of his knee, all those dots in the water are people washing their clothes.
Then they lay them on the riverbank to dry.
Looking through the fence at the woman (with red hat) across the street who visits this dumpster every day.
She waits until someone dumps their trash, then gets in and rifles through it. Then she throws all the reusable/recyclable items back out. Yesterday she brought her toddler, who sat in the dirt and played with bits of paper. One of the sadder aspects of life here.
I like this sharp peaked roof.
No comments:
Post a Comment