No pics on this post. I'm trying with all my energy and creativity to explain all the PEF procedures to Sister Florine, who will take over when I leave. She came into the office not ever having touched a computer. Until now, she has been doing the workshops, telephone calls in Malagasy, etc. and I have been doing the applications on line and other computer-related jobs. She will be the only one representing PEF for six more months, until her mission ends in January 2014. I hope by then a new couple will be here to replace her. It would be hard to contemplate not continuing all we have been working to establish here.
Only ten more English classes after tomorrow. It's already difficult to imagine leaving so many loved people and surroundings. But on the other hand, how much and many family and friends to look forward to being with again!
We are still getting new applicants for the Perpetual Education Fund, though they are coming in slowly...a good thing. We will have helped at least 25 to get their school loans and start classes. That doesn't sound like many, but it represents a lot of hard work, and we now have processes in place to keep it going. The other blessings of being on a mission here are too many to list. Maybe by the time I'm ready to fly away on June 26, I can try to do so.
No comments:
Post a Comment