I am at the Mission Training Center in Provo, Utah, midway through my two-week preparation. This is an incredible feeling, being surrounded by 2,400 young men and women from everywhere in the world (plus 102 senior couples and 4 single senior women), getting ready to go to all corners of the globe, practicing their languages, earnestly striding around in their suits and ties or skirts and blouses and eating HUGE portions of food in the cafeteria! One young man told me his friend had been in Madagascar and had gotten trampled by an ostrich. That sounded like a life-changing experience, and a good title for my blog. I expect that serving the Lord for at least 18 months will be a life-changing experience for me, and I am so excited to go.
Awesome, Polly! We are so super proud of you. If I know you, the ostriches better watch out they don't get trampled by you! Go, Sister Scoville!
ReplyDeleteWonderful title...I hope those you serve neither trample nor put there head in the sands, but greet you with outstretched plumes. I look forward to reading this blog.
ReplyDeleteGlad you have a blog, Mom! Great idea.
ReplyDelete